2013 was a rough year – full of health issues, surgeries, and hospital stays, but there was so much more to my year than just health.
- I was selected as a Voice of the Year by BlogHer for my post, Just Breathe. By the way, my little niece mentioned in the post is thriving now, and just celebrated her first birthday.
- My little girl reminded me to dance, and live in the moment, on the anniversary of my cancer diagnosis.
- I got a little lesson in perspective.
- I experienced a parenting rite of passage.
- My little girl turned 4.
- I spent a weekend away with a circle of the most amazing women I know
- We explored the Tropical Butterfly House at the Pacific Science Center
- Cancer was unrelenting among my friends. I had to say goodbye to so many loved ones. Losing Candice was especially difficult.
- My little girl and her cousin proved themselves to be superheroes.
- I represented breast cancer survivors on the field during a Seahawks half-time show
- I wrote about what it means to be fierce.
- I contemplated my move to Seattle 21 years ago – that’s exactly half my life ago – and how my life has changed.
- I had a photography exhibit at C&P Coffee Company
- My post on kindness – Living in the Gap – was syndicated on BlogHer.
I am so ready to get on with 2014. Here’s to a healthy, happy, and prosperous new year for us all.
WW Linky is on page 2