* She wants the handmade crafts – the pictures, the paintings, the little sculptures, the handprints, the inedible breakfast – But the coffee, she wants the coffee to be good, so if you haven’t mastered that skill yet, step aside
* She wants to laugh without peeing her pants
* She wants her great aunt’s ring back that you tried on because it was sparkly but then lost somewhere in your bedroom
* She wants you to clean your room
* She wants some privacy in the bathroom
* She wants you to know that loves hearing you say mom, or mama, or mommy, or mumum or whatever it is you say – It’s the most beautiful sound in the world to her, until you say it 30 times in a row – or if you say it after bedtime
* She wants a nap
* She wants some help around the house
* She wants you to eat your vegetables – Yes, those of you who are grown up, you too
* She wants you to soar, but she wants you to remember where you came from – and she wants a hug and a kiss before you go
* She wants you to call more
* She wants you to chase your dreams, but do it safely and wear your seatbelt
* She wants more for you than she ever dreamed possible for herself
* She wants you to be happy, but not just a momentary glee, but the deep soulful happiness that comes when you are using your body, heart and mind to their potential
* She wants you to know that you completely changed her on a cellular level and through every aspect of her life
* She wants a little respect
* She wants you to know that she loves you
Ok, Moms, leave me a note; What else do you want for Mothers Day
If you are in the Seattle area, celebrate your mom and motherhood by joining us at the inaugural production of Listen to Your Mother in Seattle.
I will be joining a cast of 13 local writers sharing the joy, the pain, and the mess of motherhood.
This show will be pee your pants funny, with a side of tears. Bring tissue.
Saturday, May 9, 2015 2:00 pm
Bloedel Hall at St. Mark’s Cathedral
Tickets are available through Brown Paper Tickets