I hurt today. It’s frustrating to be back on the pain meds after doing so well for so long.
This is part of the battle, part of the getting up every day and getting on with life despite the stumbling blocks you find on your way.
These are the little things to which I cling:
- The sun on my aching legs.
- My daughter running over and giving me kisses at random moments throughout the day.
- When my hands lose the strength to open the jar of baby food, I know she’ll be ok with just a bowl of cheerios and raisins. Daddy can feed her the vegetables later.
- Chocolate gelato
- Ginger ale
- Chocolate gelato with ginger ale – don’t raise your eyebrow at me, it’s an amazing combination
- My husband is going to give me a massage tonight – right Babe?
- My daughter has figured out that letters and words are symbols that represent sound and meaning
- Giggles – there is nothing quite so medicinal as baby giggles
Maybe it’s just the oxycodone talking, but I’m really feeling blessed.
You can learn more about my cancer story here: